“Gullón” gluten-free biscuits
Gullón, one of the well known biscuit manufacturers in Spain, has a category of “healthy” products that includes, among others, gluten-free biscuits of 3 types:
- María (name given in Spain to a pretty plain kind of biscuit). They are also free of lactose/milk, egg and nuts.
- Chocolate Chip. Also free of egg and nuts.
- Pastries. Also free of lactose/milk, egg and nuts.
They are all fairly good although are a bit crumbly and they don’t soak up the milk (that might be a problem for some people :) as it happens with most gluten-free biscuits.
I was diagnosed the celiac disease almost three years ago so I might have already forgotten how the regular biscuits taste. This is why I asked my son (13) and a friend of him to try them and tell me what they think. These were some of their comments:
- They are pretty yummy
- They are very crumbly
- At the end they feel a bit like sand but I like them.
- Yummy, May I have some more?
I thinlk the last comment is the most valuable :-)
Have you tried them? What do you think?